Merry Christmas Everyone… We are now in the month of December and with only 1 months until The 25th Annual Jack Daniel’s Classic Car & Hot Rod Festival we want to wish you all a Very Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year and well also a bit of an event update. Things are hectic here in HQ with Tradies & Foodies Finalising payments and Trade Pack getting sent out. We do still have some sites available, so tell all your small business friends that it’s a great opportunity to get your name out there in the Classic Car & Hot Rodding World. Just in case you have forgotten already our 2019 show is held on the 19th & 20th of January 2019.
We have a couple of notices to keep any eye out for;
1. As you all know we have been getting our new website up and running over the last few months. Well we have and exciting new page on our website that allows YOU to sell your car related items in a free trade me style community page. Just head to our website at www.kumeuhotrodfestival.co.nz click the Community Page Tab and enter the product details to begin selling. By the way, our new website has an updated MAP of the grounds so you can see where you will be located during the festival. We have also begun uploading photos of previous year’s events so if you have any random photos you want to send us then email them through to Desma at firstname.lastname@example.org .
2. All trophies have been sponsored and are being made right now so we would like to say a BIG thanks to Jack Daniels, The Sound, The Rock, NZ Rodder, Auto Magic, Lucas Oil, NZ Petrolhead, Mitre10 Westgate, Mothers, Classic Cover Insurance & Cars online for sponsoring one or more of our event trophies.
3. Don’t forget to pick up your Petrolhead for our event ShowTime’s they will be located in the Model Car Shed and the Tower.
4. Thanks to everyone for the great response regarding our Main Show Shed. Man was there some nice looking cars that have put their name forward. Well we are in the last stages of finalising the Shed and it looks like it is going to be a one awesome display…
5. We have some great Festival Merchandise for sale this year. Come and have a look! They will be located at the Tower over the weekend. Can’t make it to the show? Need to send some gifts overseas? Then you can buy our Festival Merchandise online. Just head over to our website at www.kumeuhotrodfestival.co.nz click the Shop drop down menu and you can even grab a missing poster or two from previous years. Happy Shopping!
6. To those Trade and food vendors that haven’t paid yet… Don’t stress! We will be holding unpaid Trade and Food Vendor packs at the Main Gate. These need to be paid for and collected by 9pm on Friday the 18th of Jan at the latest. We have also had a great response from our Trade Parking last year so we will be doing it again. For those of you that have paid you would have (hopefully) received your Trade Packs in the mail. In these trade packs you will find a Trade Reminder which has a map on the back so you can find our Trade Parking area (which is FREE by the way). Trade sites are fulling up fast so make sure you get back to us ASAP if you are still yet to book your space.
7. As always the ground are available for Trade/Food Vendor setup from Thursday (camping from Friday). If you are wanting to rope out (or mow your area… yes its true people do come in to mow their site) then please contact Desma on 0274397463 to arrange an appointment.
8. We have a lot of events going on over the weekend… but don’t miss our 3rd Annual Beauty Pageant in our very own Show Shed. Girls… want your hair and makeup all retro like? Then pop into the Beauty Pageant Shed and visit The Beauty School Dropouts who will be doing Retro Hair & Makeup for FREE over the weekend (get in quick though as I have a feeling they are going to be super busy). Guys… Want to tidy up the old shaggy beard? Or rock a new hairdo? Well guess what we have Nexus Barber Shop in our Beauty Pageant Shed too! Come and visit them for a cheap Beard or Hair Cut or Both!
9. We will be holding the Jack Daniels BBQ Bake Off finals over the weekend again. Be sure to go and check out their amazing creations. They will be located behind the Drag Car display by the main food court.
Look forward to seeing you all at the 25th anniversary Jack Daniels Classic Car & Hot Rod Festival