We are now in the month of November and with only 2 months until The 25th Annual Jack Daniel’s Classic Car & Hot Rod Festival we want to give you a little update on our progress leading up to the event. Things are progressing nicely with Tradies & Foodies getting in contact to secure their sites. We do still have some sites available, so please contact us ASAP if you have attended the event before and just haven’t gotten around to booking (otherwise you might lose your space). Just another quick reminder that our 2019 show dates are 19th & 20th of January 2019.
We have a couple of notices to keep any eye out for;
1. We have a couple of announcements so please bear with us. First let’s talk about our amazing sponsors. Welcome back to our long-time supporters Jack Daniels, Mitre 10, Ford, Classic Cover, The Sound, LCD, Petrolhead & New Zealand Rodder. We can’t forget our new sponsors Lucas Oil (who have a new battery line to introduce us all to), Cars Online who will be running our Car Corral (and also bringing with them 30 American Imports all Vin and Tech ready) & Mothers Polishes who will be giving out FREE commemorative coffee mugs. How Exciting!
2. As you all know we have been having issues with our Website over the last year or so. But we are happy to announce that our new website is now live and can be found at www.kumeuhotrodfestival.co.nz . We are still needing photos for our gallery so if you have any photos of previous years shows please send then through to Desma at firstname.lastname@example.org .
3. As we get closer to the event we are beginning to get our trophies sorted. If you would like to Sponsor a Trophy (another great way to get your name out there) then please get in contact with Desma (0274 397 463). Please give us a call to discuss which trophies are available for sponsorship.
4. We are looking forward to watching the Strongman Displays put on by Chris from Auckland Strongman. These shows of strength will happen 4 times throughout the weekend so be sure to pick up your Petrolhead on Route 66 for Showtime’s.
5. In keeping with our Strongman theme we have decided to make the Main Show Shed a Muscle Car display. So, if you know of any cool Muscle Car owners that would love to have their car displayed in the Main Show Shed please get them to contact Ken (09) 412-6318 or email email@example.com
6. I don’t know if your all friends with us on Facebook but it’s a great way to see what we are up to and to add photos or a little business advertising as we are coming up to the event. And when you join have a look at our New Poster (it is very cool). Posters will be on sale at the tower over the weekend however if you want one in your workplace before the event then give us an email and we will see what we can do (we will need to charge postage to send it to you though).
7. Last year’s Trade parking was a big success for congestion at the main gate so we will be doing it again. We will send you out a detailed map with your trade passes, so keep an eye out. Also if you have not booked your trade site yet then you better get in quick to secure your spot for our 25th anniversary.
8. As always the ground are available for Trade/Food Vendor setup from Thursday (camping from Friday). If you are wanting to rope out (or mow your area… yes its true people do come in to mow their site) then please contact Desma on 0274397463 to arrange an appointment.
9. Calling all Car Clubs! Please send us through an email if you would like to book a Club Site. We are working on adding a new feature to our map which would include a Car Club Blurb so when you email us through confirming a Car Club Site please include a paragraph about your Club. We will keep you posted as to how it will all work.
10. Not forgetting our 3rd annual Beauty Pageant is coming along nicely with a couple of the local community businesses getting on board for prizes. We are excited to announce that Ten Pin Bowling (Westgate), One Body Beauty (Riverhead) and Nexus Barber Shop (Westgate) are now contributing to our prizes. With Lone Star (Westgate) also meeting us to discuss sponsorship. We will also have our very own Shed which will have the Beauty School Drop Out giving Free Hair and Makeup and Nexus Barber Shop will also be there for a cheap haircut or beard trim for the guys.
11. We will be holding the Jack Daniels BBQ Bake Off finals over the weekend again. Be sure to go and check out their amazing creations. They will be located behind the Drag Car display by the main food court.
Look forward to seeing you all at the 25th anniversary Jack Daniels Classic Car & Hot Rod Festival